Android Mobile Software Developer
MindSea Development is currently working on a diverse and exciting group of projects and is seeking an Android software developer to join our mobile development team. You will be working with an experienced team developing native client-side user interface and application components for the Android mobile platform.
Do you have a passion for technology? Do you strive for creative and innovative solutions when confronted with a challenge? Are you self-motivated and dedicated to excellence in your field? Do you like a fast-paced environment? Are you an experienced Android developer who can hit the ground running? If so, and you are looking for an opportunity to collaborate towards creating beautiful, award winning mobile apps, we invite you to apply today.
- Work in an Agile (SCRUM-ish) environment with small self managed teams to deliver high quality native apps for clients across various industries.
- Collaborate with designers on your team to come up with the best solutions to challenging UI/UX problems.
- Translate wireframes and mock-ups into fully functioning features.
- Work with members of the QA team to ensure we are developing high quality software.
- Participate and contribute in the continuous improvement of our delivery process.
- Work with the team of developers, company wide, to improve MindSea’s core technical competency around emerging and established technologies.
- Experience creating applications for Android using Java
- Desire to build quality software
- Comfortable using revision control software
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Flexibility and dexterity to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent English skills
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
- Experience creating applications for iOS, OS X, or Windows Phone
- Experience in C/C++/Objective-C, Swift, Ruby, or Python
- Experience creating REST servers used by apps
- Practical knowledge of UI/UX design
- Experience creating mobile or responsive web sites
What can you expect:
- Dynamic and creative open-concept work environment
- Fun startup atmosphere, in a community of other great startups
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing plan
- Excellent benefit plan
- New MacBook Pro
- iPhone/Android phone of your choice with generous data plan
- iPad/Android tablet of your choice
- 3 weeks vacation + time off during the Holidays
- A flexible work environment with flex-time and flex-place options to support a healthy work-life balance
- Strong, collaborative team environment
- Ongoing investment into learning
- Regular social events – e.g. lunch and learns, App release celebrations, seemingly random trips to Freak Lunch Box for chocolate-peanut-butter milkshakes, Friday afternoon happy hours, etc.