React Native Mobile Developer
MindSea is currently working on a diverse and exciting group of projects and is seeking software developers to join our development team.You will be working in a fast-paced environment with an experienced team that designs and develops applications for Android and iOS devices as well as backend and web services to support them.
Do you have a passion for technology? Do you value a diverse and inclusive workplace built upon mutual respect? Are you willing to make an immediate impact in a fast-paced environment? Are you an experienced developer who values life-long learning? If so, we invite you to apply today and work with us to create beautiful, award-winning digital products.
You’ll work closely with our Design and Development teams to bring products to life. We’re a collaborative bunch of techies who embrace our quirks and are passionate about our work. We have deep expertise in mobile design, development, integration, and project delivery for iOS, Android and web platforms.
Outside of office hours, you can find the team playing on our Spring/Summer Softball league, having a board game and movie night, or hitting one of Halifax’s many local hangouts.
What can you expect?
- A group that values the unique perspective and experience each member brings to the team
- A dynamic and creative open-concept work environment where everyone has a voice
- Flex-time and remote work options to support a healthy work-life balance
- Commitment to mentorship and professional development
- Collaborate with startups in a positive atmosphere
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing
- Excellent benefit plan and wellness-based initiatives
- MacBook Pro with a complimentary suite of professional software
- iPhone/Android phone with a generous data plan
- 3 weeks vacation + time off during the Holidays
- “Department of Fun” events – e.g. App release celebrations, seemingly random treats, holiday parties etc.
- Access to a variety of learning resources including regular lunch and learns
Within 1 month, you’ll
- Work through the MindSea onboarding process. Learn about our core values, how we maintain a healthy work-life balance, and how developers and product designers work together.
- Begin ramping-up on MindSea’s proprietary tools and technology
- Join a project team and begin translating design wireframes into functional software, fixing defects, and investigating feature technical requirements
- Learn MindSea’s agile project development process and what is required to be a successful developer within that process
- Participate in a large variety of events such as weekly sprint planning, daily project stand-ups, and lunch and learns
- Participate in the code review process by both reviewing and having your code reviewed to ensure consistent and high-quality code on your project
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Be acting as a technical resource for client syncs and feature development planning
- Be shadowing other developers as a technical support during the project discovery process. You’ll investigate solutions to clients’ initial technical challenges and help the lead developer create estimates for project delivery
- Participate in the project kick-off process, helping to define the project scope and technical requirements
- Become more proactive in all areas of MindSea, applying your unique experience to seek out creative ways to solve difficult problems
- Gain an understanding of your project client’s business processes and requirements to help the project and client teams problem solve effectively
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Have made a key technical impact in an app published on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Be acting as a lead developer during the project discovery process to solve client’s initial technical challenges and to create estimates for project delivery
- Have the opportunity to host your own lunch and learn, create & refine process documentation, and participate in other internal initiatives to aid ongoing refinement to MindSea’s processes.
- Be working closely with a variety of clients, both technical and non-technical, leveraging your industry expertise to enable them to make effective and impactful decisions that support their business goals
- Be acting as a technical resource for exploratory sales meetings with potential clients
Experience: 5+ years experience in a software development role.
Education: Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or a related field, and/or equivalent experience
- React Native